Now that more progress has been made with the kitchen, I can turn my attention to the next room to be completed: the lounge. We have an interesting position with our lounge, in that it serves as both living room and dining room. I think it's best though to treat them as two separate rooms as much as possible, since they will be split. Just like with the kitchen, I took to Pinterest to look for inspiration!
Neutral Colors: I find myself drawn to living rooms that are light and neutral. Grey, especially, feels very soothing and calm. A light enough shade will still keep the room light and airy, but will offset the white ceiling and look a bit cleaner. I much prefer when walls are painted a light color other than white. My instinct in this case is a light grey.
Cozy Couch: P and I are both film lovers. We love to cozy up and watch movies on our projector. This means, that a comfortable couch is essential. Something neutral to match the walls, but a couch you can almost melt into would be perfect. Add some blankets and it's a little piece of heaven.
Top row: photo via The Everygirl; photo via createcph // Middle row: photo via Liz Marie Blog, photo via Sea of Girasoles // Bottom row: photo via Love Grows Wild; photo via Domaine Home
Artwork: Bare walls are the worst thing for a living room. Not all the wall have to be covered, but I think a room so central has to have some kind of artistic expression. I think for me, it should be an eclectic mix of things. Paintings, movie posters, photographs, whatever seems like it would be nice to hang. Plus it's a way to add color to the room.
Rustic meets Modern: I love the idea of having rustic, wood furniture in my living room, but also of having a modern couch and artwork to complement it. Modern can also be applied to the little details of decor, like cushions and lamps. The main thing, however, is to find a balance between the two.
Labels: home decor, lifestyle, lounge, pinspiration