I had the most exciting morning on Saturday! The lovely Carrie Harwood, of
WishWishWish, in conjunction with
My Little Box, hosted a wonderful photography workshop with a small group of bloggers, and I got to be a part of it! 10 of us were selected out of a group of applicants to participate in the 3 hour session! We covered the basics, from adjusting settings on your camera, to arranging products for shooting. We had lots of goodies on the table to practice with!
The weather was too wet for us to go outside and do any shooting, but Carrie chatted with us about how she finds places to shoot, and even showed us how she does her editing and picking photos! It was so helpful for me, because my camera is still new, and I'm still working out all the ins and outs of shooting with it. I'm so guilty of leaving everything on auto and then being frustrated when they don't turn out exactly as I want them to. Terrible, I know, but that seemed easier...



We were even able to get our own Little Box, which was so sweet! I had heard of My Little Box but hadn't ever tried it before. Every month, subscribers receive a box that has a theme, and features beauty products, a little magazine and other surprise treats! The theme of our box was "My Little Creative Box," with a few added extras! In the box was a mini mug with a very sweet illustration on it, as well as a bottle of micellar cleansing water, an eyeshadow, a night cream, and a body and hair oil. My box also had a very sweet scarf, a little magazine, and cable beads!
It's definitely given me lots to think about in regards to my own blogging and how I photograph! And really, I should learn to use my camera properly, shouldn't I?
Make sure you check out the blogs of a few of the lovely ladies who joined me at the workshop!
Labels: lifestyle, my little box, photography, thoughts & things, wishwishwish