This past Christmas was the very first time that I ever had an advent calendar. It's not something that's really done in the States; or if it is, I certainly never did one. P and I went the traditional route and bought calendars with chocolate, but I spotted this one from Ciaté on Asos and lusted after it for quite a while. Ever since I got a sample of their nail polish in my
December Birchbox, I've been itching to get some more colours!

This calendar sat on my wishlist all through December, until a few days ago when it went on sale, so naturally, I snapped it up! Behind each little window are lots of treats, including 17 mini polishes, which have adorable names like 'ahoy sailor', 'cookies and cream', and 'raspberry collins'. The polishes see, to lean toward colours n the red and nude family, with a few purples and blues stuck in there. There even featured a full sized pot, in a sparkly red called 'rom com rouge.'
There were two nail toppers included as well, for extra dazzle! First was 'chalet chic,' which is a white glitter top coat, and 'miracle on 34th,' which is gold glitter. The set also included some nail treatments, which I was pretty happy about (my nails are in need of some TLC!). The first is 'knight in shining armour,' an overnight nail treatment that you just wash off in the morning! It's specially formulated to hydrate, brighten and moisturise your nails. Second, the 'bloom boost,' which brightens your nail colour and whitens the tips! Lastly, but certainly not least is 'nail gym,' which helps strengthen your nails over time!
So far, my favorite colors are looking like 'double bubblegum', 'dangerous affair', 'hutch', 'prima ballerina', and 'ahoy sailor,' though I'm excited to give them all a test run! I gave myself a manicure pretty much the second the box arrived, and my nails are looking pretty good, so far, if I do say so myself!
top, left to right: double bubblegum, pom pom, shady lady, hutch, raspberry collins, a-list
center, left to right: heirloom, check mate, cutie pie, dangerous affair, prima ballerina
bottom, left to right: purple rain-bow, life's a peach, birthday blue, snow globe, cookies and cream, ahoy sailor
Labels: beauty, ciaté, nail polish