Happy New Year! It seems like every single year, the New Year creeps up out of nowhere! I also get really excited about Christmas, so I forget about New Year's until it's all over! I didn't really do any resolutions last year, because I was so focused on packing my things and moving my life to London. I decided there were a few things I wanted to really focus on this coming year.
be more active: I mean this in two ways... firstly, I don't do enough physical activity. I want to start going to the gym, and just generally, trying to take care of myself. I have moments when I am motivated and really good about going for a run or doing something healthy, but then I hit a wall and lose it. I also want to be more active in the sense that I have lists of places that I want to go to, but I don't go. I live in a great (new) city, and I don't feel like I'm taking advantage of it.
cook more food: I love to cook. I love food. I love feeding people. So you'd think I would do it a lot more than I actually do. I don't really cook all that much, and it's a skill I'd really like to work on. Did you ever see that film Julie & Julia? I want to cook through all of my cookbooks and try all the recipes I've been thinking about since I bought them. So this year is about actually trying new things, and expanding my repertoire of recipes.
focus more on my professional aspirations: I'm so guilty of this. I have career dreams, but I never seem to get anywhere with them, because I try for a bit, but then get distracted by other things. So this year, I want to focus on the two things I want to pursue: theatre directing and blogging. These are both really important to me, and I think it's high time I dedicate myself to making things happen with them.
be more communicative in my relationships: I'm not very good about talking about my feelings. Even when I was young, I had the tendency to keep things bottled up, and not really express anything. I play things close to the chest. I need to be better about talking about things, so one of my resolutions is to work on this. I think it's important in maintaining my relationships, with P, with my family and with my friends, old and new.
What kinds of resolutions are you thinking of making this year?
Labels: holidays, lifestyle, new years, resolutions