I've been feeling some serious wanderlust lately! I never really used to have the urge to travel, perhaps because living in the States, every place I'd want to go would be so far away and so expensive. Now that Europe is on my doorstep, I've been feeling like I really need to take advantage of it! Sitting here thinking about it, I've got a list of places that I would really love to visit, even just for a weekend!
Amsterdam
I've lately been thinking that popping over to Amsterdam would be a lovely little weekend getaway. Beautiful architecture, bike riding along the canals, cute little coffee shops, what's not to love! Plus, after reading Olivia's guide to Amsterdam last year, I've been wanting to go exploring! Plus the art and architecture alone are enough to get me interested! Van Gogh museum? Yes please!
Berlin
I'm thinking cold weather and Christmas Markets. Sounds like perfection, really, doesn't it? German Christmas Markets are meant to be amazing! Plus, I'd love to just wander around a new city for a day or two. I've seen lots of films with scenes in Berlin and it just looks stunning!
Venice
I went to Rome for three days a few years ago, and ever since then I've been meaning to go back to Italy. The trip was supposed to include Venice, but in truth I couldn't afford it. I've regretted that to tis day, and am definitely planning a quick little getaway to Venice. A romantic weekend, perhaps, riding in a gondola, stuffing ourselves on amazing Italian food, and seeing the sights. Be right back... booking a trip pronto!
Japan
I've been wanting to go to Japan pretty much ever since I first saw my favorite Miyazaki film, My Neighbor Totoro. Then, P and I watched a documentary all about nature in Japan, and it made me want to go see the cherry blossoms and the festivals they have. Plus they've got a Studio Ghibli museum that I am dying to go to! It's a completely different culture, and I'd love to immerse myself in it for a few days.
My list of places I'd love to see one day is actually a bit longer, but these are definitely my top four choices. It seems so much easier now that I'm here in London, which is kind of a great feeling! The world has become a little bit smaller, and so much more exciting!
Have you been to any place really amazing? If you've got any travel ideas, or things not to miss in Amsterdam, Berlin, Venice or Japan, I'd love to hear them!
Labels: amsterdam, berlin, japan, travel, venice, wishlist