What strange weather we're having! Over the weekend, it was pretty grim. Storm Katie anyone? We had a few trees down in our area, the wind was so strong! And then, barely even a day later, it's all sunshine and blue skies! Given how nice it's been since Sunday, I thought I'd head out for a little exploring!
The Tate Britain has been on my radar for a while. I went briefly once before but that was years ago and I couldn't actually remember it. So for all intents and purposes, it was my first time. The architecture on it's own would be magnificant to look at, and the stunning artwork only adds to the effect. I don't normally like modern art, thus the Tate Britain over the Tate Modern. Some of it I find interesting, but some of it just isn't my cup of tea. Give me a van Gogh or a Monet any day of the week and I'm a happy bunny. There wasn't any work by those two greats since the focus is on British art, but there was still some great stuff.
Post museum, as the sun was still out, I went for a little wander along the Thames. I have to say, London in the spring and summer really comes into it's own. Once the weather turns and it starts to warm up, you can really sense the city coming to life. It makes me look forward to the long summer days!
what I wore: jacket, dahlia via the blogger's market (similar here) // t-shirt, asos // jeans, new look // sneakers, pull & bear (similar here) // bag, boden via the blogger's market
Tate Britain is located at Millbank, London SW1P 4RG. More information here.
Labels: asos, boden, dahlia, exploring london, fashion, museums, outfits, pull & bear, the bloggers market