brow down

I'm pretty new to the whole brow maintenance trend. Well not maintenance, exactly... I pluck my brows with the rest of them. Until recently though, I didn't do anything else. No gels, no powders, no perfect little kits to help my brows look good. Now, however, I'm happy to say I've been converted! I had been thinking of getting a kit, after reading so many articles and seeing so many photos in magazines about brow upkeep. Friends would show me theirs, and the difference it made, and I was hooked!

I started with the Soap & Glory Archery DIY Brow Bar kit, recommended by and purchased from fellow beauty blogger Jaye Rockett. It only comes in one shade, but has both dark and light powders, a soft wax, and a shimmery highlighter. I especially like the bristle brush that allows me to brush through my brows and really get them to a shape I like before applying any wax. I always end up with really shape, shapely brows whenever I use this kit! 
Not long after I started using my new brow kit, I was treated to a little sample from Birchbox, of ModelCo's More Brow brow gel. It's really great if I don't have the time to use the full kit, or I'm going for a more natural look. The gel makes my brows luck fuller and more shapely, without being too full on. If I'm not wearing much makeup, it's the perfect accessory! It's quick and easy to use and takes about 30 seconds if I'm being slow. 
Finally, about a month ago, I was given a little goodie bag, and inside was this Barry M Shape and Define Brow Kit (thanks Liv!) in medium to Light. Even though I do have dark hair, the kit works perfectly, giving me shapely brows that are a little softer than when I use the Soap & Glory kit. As an added bonus, it comes with a little pair of tweezers, for plucking away stray hairs. My brows have never looked better! 
I noticed almost immediately, the difference when I did my brows and when I didn't. As you can see in the pictures above, in the first one, I haven't done my brows. That's what my brows look like naturally! In the second one, I've used the Soap & Glory kit on one brow, and the Barry M kit on the other. Can you eagle-eyed readers notice the difference? I sure can... I think it changes my face alot! 

Special shout out to P, who I convinced to help me take a few pictures, even though he found it very funny!

Labels: , , , ,