little venice

Spring is well and truly under way, but I don't think I'm ready to abandon my black opaques just yet. The trouble is, it's warm in the day, but then cold in the evening, and if I were bare legged, it would be such a struggle! It was particularly chilly when I ventured over to Little Venice with Kristabel, so I was definitely glad to have tights on, but I might have to invest in a few pairs of nude tights, so it's not so glaringly obvious! 
Have you ever been to Little Venice? The very first time I ever came to London was when I was still in school. I spent a semester here with a group of students from my university, and we lived just by the Warwick Avenue station. I would walk to Paddington on my way to work, so I could get a nice view of the canals, which go all the way up to Camden. There's a boat you can take from one end to the other, which I'm sure offers some really lovely views. 
I'd not been back to this area, really, since that semester, and that was 8 or 9 years ago (!!). It was very surreal to walk around with a new friend, in an old place that had some memories for me. I love all the colorful house boats, and though there were lots of them that looked like they needed a little TLC, they're still a cool concept. Could you imagine living on a houseboat? I'd be curious to try it for a week just to see what it's like! 


what I wore: jacket, dahlia via the blogger's market (similar)// blouse, pull & bear // pinafore, asos // bag, river island // shoes, london rebel

Labels: , , , , , , , ,