"A creative force to be reckoned with in the fashion world, designer Cynthia Rowley has since turned her hand to beauty for her Birchbox-exclusive make-up line. This creamy pencil rivals the best of them thanks to its velvety-smooth finish, smudge-proof formula, and long-lasting results."
my impression: I used to use eye pencils, many moons ago, but now I'm strictly a liquid liner girl. That being said, I did really like this eyeliner. It went on really smooth and lasted absolutely ages. I liked the look of it as well. The colour was really saturated, and didn't look too dull, like I find with some eye pencils. This would be great for on the go looks, or just to touch up my eyes during the day!
nuxe huile prodigieuse
"Forget what you think you know about oils, this multi-purpose formula is about to change everything! A blend of six essential oils (including sweet almond, hazelnut and macadamia), reparative plant oils, and vitamin E, it adds a healthy dose of hydration and a velvety sheen wherever you need it."
my impression: The scent of this oil immediately made me think of when I was a kid, and my parents were going out somewhere, and my mother would give me a hug before she left and I could smell her perfume. It smelled exactly like this oil! It's sweet but musky, which I liked. I used a bit on my hair and it soaked it right up, and the scent lingered for a little while. I don't use oils much, except for a face oil that I use once in a blue moon, so my lack of knowledge is the main reason for a neutral review.
parlor by jeff chastain detangling leave-in conditioner
"Whether your hair is fine or thick, straight or curly, chances are the struggle against tangles is real! Enter: this leave-in formula from NYC stylist Jeff Chastain. A blend of sweet almond extract and vitamin B5 delivers soft, sleek shine to troubled tresses with the added benefit of heat protection."
my impression: I live for leave-in detanglers. I don't wash my hair every day, but a good detangler helps keep my curls in check. Birchbox has only sent me one other detangler, and I have to say, this one doesn't compare. It smells nice, and does detangle, but it took quite a few sprays to even get it going, and it didn't fully do the job. Maybe on days when my hair isn't quite so tangled, this would work better...
kueshi foot care cream
"Show your feet some love (after all, they carry us around from morning 'til night!) with a little help from nature in the form of this nourishing lotion. Enriched with sweet almond oil and royal jelly to soothe and soften, as well as tea tree oil to calm and relieve, it sinks in quickly for instantly happy feet."
my impression: I don't think I ever thought to get a lotion specifically for my feet! After trying the cream, it's definitely something I'd consider! My feet felt softer after using, and while it didn't completely eliminate the harder, more worn parts of my feet, I imagine with time and repeated use, it would help a great deal! There wasn't too much of a scent, which I liked, and the cream was nice and thick, without leaving behind any residue.

the verdict: well, right from the get-go, the box is gorgeous. I decided to purchase the notebooks as well (subscribers were given the option), which I'm so happy about! To be honest, the beauty products didn't blow me away this month, but I'm still feeling like I've got new things to explore, like finding the perfect detangler, or bronzer for my needs. I did enjoy the foot cream and the eyeliner, which I'll definitely use again, and though the oil didn't really do it for me, I'm curious now about the use of oils in my beauty and skincare regime, so that's a plus I suppose!