welcome to the 60s


Have you ever put on a dress and instantly fell in love? This dress is from the new Alexa Chung collaboration with Marks and Spencer, Archive by Alexa, and It's gorgeous. Alexa has been a bit of a style icon for a while now, and I certainly admire her style in magazines and on Pinterest all the time! Naturally, when I heard she was going to be doing a line with Marks and Spencer, I was keen to see what she'd come up with! The thing I like most about her style is the vintage feel of her clothing. They're classic pieces with flare, but nothing too ostentatious. 
I fell in love straight away with a few pieces in her collection, but the Eliza dress takes the cake. I love how colorful it is, and the high neck is very on trend at the moment. I was a little bit nervous trying on the dress, since, well, Alexa is so tall and slender, whereas I am the exact opposite, but as it turns out, I didn't have anything to be worried about. It's so flattering no matter your size. 

In addition to these two dresses, I saw a few pieces that I would love to add to my wardrobe. I'm a big fan of check and gingham, so the Lydia Trousers were right up my alley! I've also seen lots of other bloggers (and Alexa herself) rocking the Harry Blouse. It's a really cute top, though I have to say, it didn't look great on me. I'd have to make sure I cinched the waist in every time I wore it. That being said, I love the crispness of it, and the girly ruffles are a bonus as well! I've also got my eye on the Myrtle Jumper... because who doesn't love a cozy looking jumper in a cute color that you could wear  for at least three of the four seasons!

Did you manage to get any pieces from the Archive by Alexa collection?  What were your favorites?

what I wore: dress, marks and spencer // shoes, new look // jacket, zara

Labels: , , , , ,