
This month's Birchbox, in partnership with Millie Mackintosh, was all about summer! I personally wish it would be summer all year round. I hate the winter! Sunshine, long days, warm weather... what's not to love? This month's samples are all products that Birchbox offers to help keep summer going. Don't mind if I do!
what's in my box?
LOC x Millie ultra-gloss lip pencil in bohemian rose
"Designed and named by Millie Mackintosh herself, this high-shine lip pencil adds the perfect pop of summer colour. It provides moisture and colour that lasts all day - and it suits everyone!"
my impression: I absolutely loves this little lip pencil. I've pretty much kept it on my person since receiving it in my Birchbox! The color is flattering, and it goes on smoothly, with a touch of shine. It lasted for a while, and when I reapplied it didn't go all cakey, which is all you want from lipsticks really, isn't it?
John Frieda frizz ease forever smooth anti-frizz primer
"When it comes to innovation, this brand have always been a leader of the pack! Whether you've received the Anti-Frizz Primer, which realigns the structure of your hair to fight frizz from the inside out, or the volume In-Shower Treatment, which gives hair oomph to last through your next wash, you can rest assured that this stuff works!"
my impression: wowza, this stuff is pretty great! It took a little more than the recommended one pump (I have a lot of hair...) but it definitely made a difference with my frizzy curls! Did it completely eliminate all the frizz? No, but I have yet to find a product that does that. Still, I noticed a big difference!
Nails Inc. nail varnish
"Great manis shouldn't require a weekly appointment at the nail salon. Instead apply polish from this award-winning British brand to achieve perfect nails at home! The innovative formula glides on effortlessly."
my impression: I have to confess that I wasn't completely sold when I saw the color of the nail varnish, but once I tried it, I didn't mind it as much. Do I completely love it? No, not especially, but it want on pretty smoothly and dried quickly, too! A definite bonus! The color is very rich as well, and I'd be curious to try out other colors of the same brand!
Caudalie polyphenol c15 spf20 anti-wrinkle protect fluid
"Think of this as a shield for your complexion; it protects from UV rays, battles free radicals, and hydrates skin. Oh, and it's packed with antioxidants to fight wrinkles, vitamin C to stimulate cell renewal, and hyaluronic acid to plump skin too!"
my impression: I use another Caudalie product at the moment, so I was curious to try another product of theirs. I am really enjoying this cream! My skin feels soft and hydrated and it smells lush as well! A little bit goes a long way, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling too oily or anything either. The fact that it's got an SPF is another bonus! I've gone make-up free quite a few times just with the cream on, and it feels great!
Thermalive lotion micellaire
"This is a formula that does double duty - removing all traces of make-up but gently cleansing too! A blend of micellar molecules and papyrus extract lift away impurities to leave skin soft, soothed and refreshed."
my impression: I currently use micellar cleansing water to remove my make-up and clean my face before bed. It's really great, and it doesn't dry out my skin. I was pretty impressed with this cleanser and the way it made short work of my makeup. Even my waterproof eyeliner was gone in seconds! It did leave my skin feeling a little dry after the fact, but that didn't outweigh how well it did the job. I may try this one out when I finish my current batch!
the verdict: I was very happy with this month's box! There wasn't any product I didn't like, though the only one I didn't love was the nail varnish and that was only because the color wasn't my top choice. Each product has been working really well for me, so I'd probably rate this one a 4.75 out of 5!
What do you think of your Birchbox this month?
Labels: beauty, birchbox, caudalie, john frieda, LOC, nails inc, product review, thermalive