sunday musings 28.16

I finally feel like I've gotten back into the swing of things. I've been feeling a decided lack of motivation, and maybe needed a bit of recovery after the wedding, and once my family left. Then it took some adjustment getting back to work, and realizing what free time I had, and working out how to fill it! Needless to say, I've been keeping busy!

Queen Bey
This is kind of old news but I'm still thinking about seeing Beyonce on her Formation tour. I went to see her at Wembley two weeks ago, but it was completely amazing! She sang a few songs from Lemonade, but also took the time to sample a few classics. She sang a few songs acoustically as well, and her Prince tribute had me in tears!

Kickboxercise
I've set myself a bit of a goal for the next month. I took a group exercise class at my gym last week and I really enjoyed it! I find that when I'm around other people, I push myself harder, whereas when I try to work out on my own, it's much easier to talk myself out of it. So my goal is to get to two exercise classes a week. The two I'm really loving at the moment are Kickboxing and Boxercise. Even though they left me really sore, I felt great!

One-Monthaversary
P and I got married (again) a month ago today! I can't wait to share photos with all of you, but for now, I'll just reminisce about what a great, rainbow filled day it was. That's not an exaggeration. There were rainbows!

Work-Life Balance
I've been thinking I really need to focus on trying to find a better work-life balance. I've never been good at taking time off work, mostly because this is the first time I've ever had paid holiday. I'm so used to taking time off and then having a financial repercussion, but now that that isn't a concern, I need to really take the time off. P and I work opposite schedules. We're like ships in the night, and Sundays are our only full day together. It's not ideal. A lot of my friends have the same sort of schedule so finding the time to have a social life is a little difficult. Still, it's important to me to really make the effort, so that is something I really want to focus on.

Reading Books

P and I are trying something where we read for a little bit before we go to bed, instead of camping out in front of the TV or being on our phones. I love to read, but I need a little inspiration! A friend from work has done a little book exchange and he's received loads of books! Would you be interested in participating in a little book exchange? If so, comment below!

Labels: , , ,