30 Things to Do Before I'm 30

I've got just under a year and 5 months until I hit the big 3-0, but it's been playing on my mind lately. I feel a little bit like I'm behind the crowd. The last two years have been a bit confusing, what with the massive upheaval of moving to another country, and I do sometimes feel a little bit lost. Turning 30 doesn't feel like a massive deal but it does feel like an age that I should reach, having accomplished a few things... So I'm making myself a cheeky little list, of 30 things I'd like to achieve over the next year and a half.  


1. Get the Big Dipper tattoo I've been talking about getting for the last 3 years.

2. Visit Copenhagen, Amsterdam, and Berlin. 

3. Get into the habit of taking off my make-up before I go to bed. I'm really bad at this!

4. Be more financially responsible, and pay off (some of) my debts. I can't pay them off fully on my current salary, but I should definitely be making more of a dent in them!

5. Go away for a long weekend and not check my phone. A digital detox is definitely in order!

6. Be nicer about my body

7. Also, take better care of my body. 

8. Finally get that Tatty Devine necklace I've been wanting for ages.

9. Go away with my girls for a weekend of sun, sea and sand. I have never done this. I repeat... I have NEVER done this. 

10. Figure out the career I'm pursuing and what I need to do to make it happen

11. Treat myself to a relaxing spa day. I don't take enough time to relax and reward myself

12. Finish making our flat feel like home. 

13. Buy some plants and actually keep them alive.  

14. Try not to measure my successes against other people's and be proud of my achievements no matter how small!

15. Get over my fear of Karaoke and just do it already!

16. Buy and read all the books on my Amazon Wishlist. There are currently 19 of them. 

17. Invest in a new, better quality camera

18. Have a go at that scary recipe I've been holding onto. There's a few of them. 

19. Drink more water.

20. Try a new hairstyle (I've secretly been wanting to dye my hair lilac!)

21. Build my blog and move to a self-hosted domain

22. Stop apologizing so much

23. Take a brush lettering or watercoloring workshop

24. Have a fully stocked bar tray and learn how to make a few cocktails

25. Buy more music on vinyl (I'm dying for some Fleetwood Mac and The Smiths)

26. Clean out my computer of the things I don't need anymore (and maybe get an external hard drive... RAW photos take up a lot of space!)

27. In fact, declutter as much as possible!

28. Teach myself more photography skills, so I can take better photos 

29. Update my glasses prescription. It's 2 years old and my vision has gotten worse. I tend to sit on these things, you see. 

30. Love and accept myself exactly as I am, whether or not I accomplish everything on this list!

Labels: , , , , , , ,