Jumpsuit heaven

So I'm officially off my shopping ban, which really was an eye-opener! I won't say anything else about it though because I feel like I've talked of little else since I started doing it... oops! Still, as payday approached, I thought about some of the clothes I'd been lusting after for a while. You might remember that I shared a spring wishlist not to long ago, and this gorgeous jumpsuit was on it, along with these amazing gold trainers!
As payday was drawing nearer, I thought about the clothes I was really lusting after, and it was definitely an eye-opener! That's the thing about style, isn't it? It's always changing! When I think about some of the outfits I wore when I was younger, it makes me think of how different I was then. I look back and think, " oh God, what was I thinking?!" Or, "oh yeah, I remember that phase..." I had a lot of phases, most of them frumpy and tomboyish... Mainly I look back at a time when I really undervalued myself. I flushing think I was pretty our smart... I wasn't very confident... but who is at the age of 16? Now, as I approach 30 (okay, I've still got a year to go, but I'm so aware of it...) I can see the difference in how I dressed then versus how I dress now.
These days, I'm not afraid of loud patterns and things that draw attention. Back then, I wouldn't have been caught dead in such an outfit; I probably would have straightened my hair too. I weigh more now than I did then, but I'm happier now, so what are a few extra pounds? I'm still not great at taking compliments, but I have much more appreciation for what I have to give and how I look. God that sounds vain, doesn't it? But at sixteen, I never would have been able to say I felt pretty. I was so desperate to fit in and be liked that I made myself small, insignificant. Now I know better.

Woah, that turned into a deep post for all my talk of my snazzy new jumpsuit... sometimes these things just spill out! But look, I guess my main point is, love yourself and wear whatever the heck you want!

Labels: , , , ,