We can all agree the weather hasn't been great lately (did Spring even happen or have we gone back to winter... LOL) but summer is on the horizon, and I for one, CANNOT wait! The best part of the warm weather is the slow peel of layers, and the fun outfits it allows! I detest being cold, so in the winter months it's all about layers; outfits usually involve woolly jumpers, and tights under my jeans... I hate being cold that much! I was so happy to finally hang up my winter coat and rock the leather jacket look for a few weeks! Needless to say, the warmer the weather gets, the happier I am!




Warm weather also means it's time to bust out the ultimate piece of apparel: the denim jacket! I have a vivid memory of wearing lots of denim jackets in my childhood (ah, early 90s acid wash... it doesn't get any better, does it?) but I can't recall owning one in my adult life. They've never gone out of style really, and I've definitely wanted to get one over the years, but somehow I never quite managed it. It's the perfect warm weather jacket, really isn't it? It's thin enough to be comfy on a hot day, but thick enough to keep you warm once the sun goes down! I've been so excited to wear this denim jacket, a wonderful addition to my wardrobe courtesy of my favorite boutique, Dahlia!





Despite the greyish day, I decided to be optimistic about the weather and dress a little bit more summery for my coffee date with Lauren! We were meeting up in Hackney to take outfit photos and I knew this wall would be perfect (Cheers to resident wall guru Natasha!). It definitely inspired some summery vibes! We then wandered up to Palm Vaults for a little warm beverage pick-me-up (the place was packed though, so we took ours to go... note to self, book a table next time!), thus continuing our palmy theme for the day! Lucky for me, the weather turned out to be a little warmer and my denim jacket was the perfect fit! I can pretty much guarantee that this denim jacket will be this summer's staple - between the adorable flowers, and the "beautiful"reminder of self-love on the back, what's not to love? I've even added a few pins of my own on the collar because you can never have enough embellishment on a great denim jacket!